- pytuber is a cli tool to manage your music playlists on youtube.
- Generate playlists from Last.fm or
- Import from file formats: XSPF, JSPF, M3U
- Create with a simple copy paste in a text editor
- Search and match tracks to Youtube videos
- Sync pytuber playlists (fetch/push)
- Update youtube playlist items (add/remove)
- Keep track of youtube api quota usage
Install & Setup¶
$ pip install pytuber $ pytuber setup autocomplete # Enable autocomplete
Read how to setup youtube authentication
Start creating youtube playlists ✨✨
Youtube API Quota¶
Youtube api has a daily api quota limit which resets at midnight Pacific Time (PT).
pytuber includes a quota calculator
$ pytuber quota
Additionally to the api quota limit Youtube limits the amount of how many playlists you can create per day to only 10.
- In case you reach that number, you can push a new playlist manually.
- Create a playlist with pytuber add command
- View the playlist by using this command pytuber show xxxx –mime
- This mime string is base64 signature used by pytuber internally to link local to youtube playlists
- Add a youtube playlists manually from the web site and add the mime signature at the bottom of the playlist description
- Fetch the new playlist info pytuber fetch youtube –playlists
Afterwards you will be aple to push tracks like normally.