- pytuber is a cli tool to manage your music playlists on youtube.
- Generate playlists from Last.fm
- Search and match tracks to Youtube videos
- Sync pytuber playlists (fetch/push)
- Update youtube playlist items (add/remove)
- Comming soon: m3u, spotify, raw lists
Install & Setup¶
$ pip install pytuber $ pytuber setup autocomplete # Enable autocomplete
Read how to setup youtube authentication
Start creating youtube playlists ✨✨
Youtube API Quota¶
Youtube api has a daily api quota limit. During development I haven’t managed to reach it but I do plan for pytuber to calculate it on the fly.
Additionally to the api quota limit Youtube limits the amount of how many playlists you can create per day to only 10.
- In case you reach that number, you can push a new playlist manually.
- Create a playlist with pytuber add command
- View the playlist by using this command pytuber show xxxx –mime
- This mime string is base64 signature used by pytuber internally to link local to youtube playlists
- Add a youtube playlists manually from the web site and add the mime signature at the bottom of the playlist description
- Fetch the new playlist info pytuber fetch youtube –playlists
Afterwards you will be aple to push tracks like normally.